constant shake at highway speeds

Just after I got my brake rotors turned, I started getting shakes at highway speed. When I am driving at slower speeds (getting off the complete stop or on back roads) it seems okay but when I reach 55-60 miles and more, it vibrates contantly.

I have found same issue reported by someone else at

Is this what we expect from GM? My car is not driver 21K yet and I have issues. Not sure what will it be like to own the car for coming years. I regret making the decision to buy G6 and not one of the corolla/cameries.

Reply to
googleguy

Googleguy,

I tracked down my tire vibration to the front OEM Uniroyal tires. The approved Uniroyal tire shop diagnosed the left front tire as wearing unevenly ("called checking"). My front end is aligned OK, I rotate and balance these tires every 6,000 miles and keep a weekly check on tire pressure just as prescribed. The Uniroyals just have not held up (~23,000 miles) like they should. Unless they have a slipped belt or manufacturing defect Uniroyal or GM will not replace or pro-rate them. I will hold out and rotate them again in another 1500 miles and see what happens. Just biding my time in this car.

Mike Chapman

googleguy wrote:

Reply to
Lone Star Driver