Conversion from miles to kilometers

I just bought a 1 1/2 year old 2007 Grand Prix. It was originally made for the US but has been brought into Canada and the mileage and speedo changed from miles to kilometers.

I was told the car had 14,000 km, and that is what it said on the display. The "GM vehicle inquiry system" says the odometer conversion from US to Canadian was done at 13,925 miles. Is this just a typo? Is it possible to change from miles to kilometers and keep the same value or does the system do the calculation internally and display either miles or kilometers, depending on which is selected?

I am assuming the "GM vehicle inquiry system" must display either the word miles or kilometers and not both when it displays the information.

Reply to
tbil99

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Reply to
Shep