coolant flushes

Just had an AC Delco taught air-conditioning service class a few weeks ago, which had some mention of vehicle cooling systems also....

THEY say: With green coolant flush every two years, or 24,000mi. With Dex-Cool flush every five years or 150,000mi. If DEX-Cool is in ANY way compromised, resort to the green schedule.

They of course also said a whole lot about A/C service, but that's not why I posted...lol

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

So when are you coming to fix the A/C in my '84 T/A? :-)

Reply to
Dennis Smith

My coolant is brown, what schedule should I use?

Reply to
Simon

Charmin.....

Reply to
MikeG

Yeah I have the brown residue around the filler cap of my surge tank, the coolant in the car is only a year and a half old... *sigh*

Reply to
Paradox

Change it now. Do a real good flush, then refill with standard antifreeze mix and CHECK THE pH. Too low and you get rusting, too high you get scale.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

GW,

The information posted is also listed in the automobiles owners manual.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~287,629 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Machine's not portable...bring car here. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Dennis Smith wrote : So when you coming to fix the A/C in my 84 T/A?

Most car are junked once the AC stops working.............

LOL

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~287,664 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Reply to
Travis King

Replace engine now! LOL okay I'm joshing ya. I work as an advisor for CTC and have been hearing rumors that GM will scrap this so-called longer life coolant, turns out it's crap. As is spending more for one brand of oil over another, when everybody knows most oil suppliers great the oil from the same source. Just replace religiously every 3 months over 2500 miles which ever comes first.

Dan

88 245 Volvo 235,000 klms 87 244 volvo 196,231 klms 91 Park Ave. 211,765 klms all 3 cars using green coolant all 3 get LOF's at above mentioned guidelines Sorry but Volvo's actually served us better than all domestic models ever owned so far.
Reply to
daniel