Cooling?

Hi everyone,

I have a 2002 GP GT with the 3.8L V6. I was driving today and the temp light came on, but the temperature reading was in the low zone on the thermometer. I have noticed that the engine does not run as warm as it usually does, but I just attributed that to the cool fall weather we have been getting lately. I stopped and popped the hood. The engine is running cool, all fluids are up to proper levels, including coolant. The coolant hoses are warm tooI noticed that the cooling fans are constantly running, but they shouldn't even kick on until the temperature gets hot enough??

What would cause the temperature light to come on? Has anyone else experienced this before?

Reply to
Snowbelt

Shep

I don't know, but I am guessing that the computer may turn the light on if it takes too long to get to operating temperature.

A properly operating thermostat will allow the engine to get to operating temperature regardless of outside temperature. I'd replace the thermostat.

At least one fan will come on if the A/C compressor is running. Both will be on if the computer is in "Limp Home Mode". The Check Engine light should be on if this is the case.

It is possible that you have two problems: the thermostat and a temperature sensor. There are two temperature sensors, one that the gage uses and one that the computer uses. Look for loose wires before replacing parts.

Also check coolant level and repeat the bleeding procedure.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan