could some one answer this for me?

have a 04 Cavalier and was just wondering is there any other type of CD format that you can play in the stock CD players that come in them. I know it will not accept the mp3, but would a wav. or mda. format that a person burnt on to a CD work?

Reply to
bdeditch

I guess spending 2 minutes trying that out for yourself would be way too much work.

Reply to
FBR

Yes considering I would have to remove the dash, take out the front of the dash, etc to install it and then try it. So yes it would be a little extra work, dork

Reply to
bdeditch

He replied, as I would have, under the assumption that the stock radio was in the vehicle since it was not specifically stated and nobody would put the stock unit BACK in after having aftermarket.

If the radio doesn't specify any music format besides CD, then it woud be safe to assume it will only play CDs burned as a music CD, not as MP3 or any other format.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Well, an idiot might tear it all apart. I'd just try a couple of different CD's to see if they worked.

Reply to
FBR

how am I suppose to try a couple of different CD's if the stereo is not hooked up in the car. Why don't you try reading the post before you type something stupid once again. I guess an idiot would try to put burnt cds in a player that plays them and be surprised it works, is this what you do?

Reply to
bdeditch

CD audio is wav files so you are just spinning your wheels saving as .wav. Anything you save as a data disk (using a directory instead of just multiple tracks) isn't going to work.

The stock radio isn't going to play anything other than audio cds, and may have a problem if they are saved on cdrw instead of cdr.

My replacement is going to be a dvd player so that I can hook up a screen and play videos or just listen to days of music at a time. With DVD drives down below $50 it doesn't make sense to install cd players anymore.

Reply to
john graesser

Once again your cluelessness amazes me. Guess hooking a couple of speakers and a battery to it is beyond you. I made the assumption you had a lick of sense, you sure proved me wrong.

Reply to
FBR

By looking at your past posts that you have made to different groups and people, it proves that you are a very disturbed person with no reasoning to anything that you say, just to see what type of smart ass remark you can make. Now explain to me how a person is to hook up power and speaker to an stock radio/cd player that has a 24 pin connecter on the back of it. It proves once again that you have no idea what you are saying. So why don't you just go away and let the people with a little sense answer questions that you are not able to.

Reply to
bdeditch

What I want to know is why is anyone still trying to provide useful information to this obvious d*****ad? Dude, you lost your priveledge three posts ago!

Reply to
InjunRAIV

Just because you're too ignorant to figure it out doesn't mean everyone else is.

Reply to
FBR

will somebody please get this frustrated old fart(FBR) the hell out of here!!!!!we are trying to be a serious group,helping people,please take your sarcastic ass somewhere else please!!!

Reply to
robert -wanda fox

Guess it makes too much sense to just not read my posts if you don't like them.

Reply to
FBR

thats just it.you don't create useful post that relate to the subject matter of this "help" group,people come and ask questions for answers that will help them in thier quest for fixing thier cars,they don't need sarcastic,profane comments that have nothing to do with answers the question posted,once again this isn't a group to better one's searching,grammer,better thier fundamental in the dictionary,english language sense.people ask a question and anyone who has a solution or knows something about it shoul to the best of thier knowledge try to help. you know what FBR-there are no stupid questions from good people,only stupid answers from people who don't know the answers,you sir have shown on almost every post you answer that you know almost nothing about the true mechanics of the car,but are the true expert on arrogence and ignorance of the person who has an opinion on everyone and everything but not a clue as to what true class and being a helpful person is.in closing does the statement (be a part of the solution,not a part of the problem)mean anything to you.probally not,no doubt you'll slur me(and of course everyone else who you can)with profanity,put downs,anything you can sling at me.you sir are not a class act and i pity like you who appareeently are not really happy or satisfied with thier lives and really need help.

Reply to
robert -wanda fox

Aw, now you're all mad and spewing nonsense again. Go grow up.

Reply to
FBR

will you please,please stop posting in this group,and go moan and groan somewheres else.everyone is tired and fed up with your ignorance.

Reply to
robert -wanda fox

Why don't you stay over in alt.sex.fetish.wrestling, that seems to be more your speed. I'll repeat myself for the benifit of complete twits such as yourself. Don't like my posts, don't read them trollboy.

Reply to
FBR

Reply to
Guess

Thanks Guess I will do that, seems that the thread has gotten out of hand

Reply to
bdeditch
  1. FBR Jan 5, 6:48 am hide options

Newsgroups: alt.autos.pontiac From: "FBR" - Find messages by this author Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:48:34 +0100 Local: Wed, Jan 5 2005 6:48 am Subject: Re: Need partnumber Pontiac TS SE Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

I'm sorry I'm a dumbass myself. SORRY I'ts Okay that you put my adress here like this. I'ts my own stupid fault. Sorry again. I'll go now and f*ck myself in my ass.

Sorry

So hes been like this all along. He must be mad or something. sad really. But reported.

Reply to
Modder12