Crank Position Sensor 1993 2.0 ohc

Hey all, we just completed putting a new head/gasket on a 1993 Sunfire due to a bad exhaust valve and half a dozen cracks in the head. The first 10 miles it ran fine. After that it started running poorly and more poorly until it finally died and wont start. It has 140 lbs compression in all cylinders so its not a installation problem. Thinking it was a clogged Cat Converter I removed the O2 sensor and pulled the exhaust manifold out 1/4 inch, it still would not start. It sounds and looks like an engine hyrdolocking when you try to start it, but no water is coming out of the plug holes. I ran the codes and the CEL says code 19 and 66. 19 is the crank shaft position sensor and 66 is for the a/c. Im not concerned with the a/c at the moment. Before we take the timing belt off again to get the CPS out, does this sound like a CPS problem? Thanks for any and all replies Steve

Reply to
seeray28(steve)