Dealer Question

Okay , this is going to sound a little dumb , but here it goes.

I just heard on the news that the dealer that we bought our 2008 G6 from last July has closed up shop.

There is another Pontiac dealer fairly close to us , but i really hate that dealership , there is a Chev dealer just down the road from us that we used before our 2003 Malibu was written off and treated us fairly well. Could we take our G6 to that dealer for any warranty work that might pop up or do we have to find a new dealer that dealt with Pontiac's.

What is going to happen when Pontiac officially disappears when it comes to warranty work , we got the 7/100K warranty not only on our G6 but my daughter got it on her 2008 G5.

Reply to
LouisG

I don't know what the situation is in the United States, but a GM dealership is a GM dealership up here in Canada (ditto for Ford and Chrysler). So any GM vehicle can be serviced by any GM dealership. I don't see why it wouldn't also be the same in the US.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Yousuf Khan wrote in news:49fa8036$ snipped-for-privacy@news.bnb-lp.com:

I'm here in Canada as well Yousuf ,, so i'm hoping that it won't be a problem , i was just concerned with warranty issues as i have over 6 years left on my coverage.

Reply to
LouisG

As long as GM Corporate survives, you are OK. ANY GM dealer can service any GM car under warranty. Olds owners had no problem when Olds went ByeBye. Plymouth owners were not left in the lurch by Chrysler when they abandoned the Plymouth line, and Mercury owners in Canada had no problem when Ford Canada dropped the Mercury brand.

Reply to
clare