Displacment on demand

We just got a 2006 Grand Prix. Is there any way of knowing when the engine is in the 4 cyl mode?

Reply to
Randy Taylor

Go to

they have a GXP forum there, they should have the answer. I am member sam93gp in the 2004+ forum.

This message was written on 100% recycled spam. SAM >>

Reply to
Samuel Warren

No direct method. The only way to infer it is to watch the instant MPG on the DIC and you'll see a big jump when it goes into 4-cyl mode.

Reply to
Scott Zabolotzky

Reply to
Shep

Reply to
Shep

But the 3.9 is not an option on the GP this year. The engines are

3.8, 3.8 SC and 5.3...

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Shep

Well, considering the 3.8 doesn't have DOD, it's a safe bet he's got the 5.3 since it's the only engine offered in the GP with DOD.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Randy asked, " Is there any way of knowing when the engine is in the four cylinder mode."

Yes, When you are sudden surrounded by Corolla's, Civivc's and Sentra's.

LOL.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 34,477 91 Bonneville LE 306,078
Reply to
Harry Face

Reply to
Randy Taylor