Don't you just love those drunk drivers?

Neighbor called me in the wee hours this morning. Said someone had just hit a car on Grant Avenue.

Got dressed and went out to take a look. Sure enough my beloved '92 Grand Am had been assaulted and battered by a Plymouth Acclaim. The drunk female driver saw fit to hit it nearly head-on even though it was on the opposite side of the street legally parked. Hood crumpled. Bumper cover a total disaster. One headlight destroyed, the other displaced. Left fender distorted. No coolant leakage evident though. Not sure what else at this time. The impact drove my machine back about 13' into the front of my other neighbor's Neon which suffered minor damage as a result.

I know this drill all too well. Even though my machine has zero rust and is (was) in impeccable mechanical condition the repairs are likely to run more than the car is worth on the books, so the insurance company will total it and pay me the book value. However, there is no way in heck I will be made whole. Finding a replacement that is equivalent to the "real" value of my machine ain't gonna happen in the price range of the settlement money (and that's assuming there will be some settlement money).

Just chalk me up as yet another casualty of drunk driving. It almost makes me want to say some bad words.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Sorry to hear about your loss.

In someways her hitting your parked car saved the persons life in the car that was a block further up headed her way. Or worse it could of been a couple on a motorcycle coming toward her.

Try to find out if she has prior DUI's.

Keep us posted as to what happens.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,998 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

What a shame... and after all the work that you put into that car... Same thing happened to neighbors Cav a few years ago.

Reply to
« Paul »

HEY I HAVE A GRANDAM GT FOR SALE...800.00 NICE BUT LEAKING A LITTLE COOLANT FROM FREZ PULG

[...]

salmon slayer