Door Won't Open

I have a 93 GP and replaced the driver's door handle. Shut the door and now it won't open from the inside or outside. Anyway to get the latch mechanizim unlatched from the inside or outside for that matter? This is a 2 dr. Help before the wife kills me! Thanks.

Reply to
ryonsdad

You might be able to catch the latch rod with a slim jim but not sure.

FBR

Unbolt from the floor and remove the passenger and drivers seat out the passenger side, (or unbolt and shove to the back?) Carefully remove the driver door armrest, switch panels, any other trim and door panel. Remove the plastic water shield, (carefully you'll want to put it back with aluminum tape or high quality duct tape) and get access to the workings of the door. Sounds like a rod dropped off the mechanism or something that will take 5 minutes to figure out and another 45 to put everything else back together.

Good luck. Still alive? Hope so.

Reply to
Triquel