Driving the G6 conv

Have driven the G6 con, for three months with no objections. Both of us enjoy the thing and have been able to compare it with most every conv. save the Volvo (too expensive). Can't say it's totally silent what with the Karmann mechanism rattling about in the trunk, but it's superior to the ragtops and a little larger than the Eos.

Dickered for quite a long time for a black/black with premium package with 3.5 engine. No real need for a race car but always wanted a convertable...always. The cocoon of enclosure has even allowed us to buzz around Maine with the top down even this last week. What fun. On a more serious side, I did go for the extended warrantee to protect myself from that relay in the starboard rear fender locker....arghhhh if that ever goes with the top down!!!

So far we have a eleven hundred miles with no runs no drips no errors ...even no dings wince we park out at the edges of the Malls. Need to walk anyways.

Gary fMe

Reply to
Gary fMe

We have the G6 conv in red/black. Was able to drive it Saturday with the top down. I think it's a very impressive bit of machinery.

Reply to
LWG

We bought a white one with the 3.9L motor about 6 weeks ago. Neat.

We took it on a road trip towards El Paso where there is no traffic and got it up to 100mph with no noticeable vibrations or noise increase. It had some oomph left but I was chicken and not ready to pay a hefty fine. I'm still curious if it would hit 140.

Had one little thing happen that I still don't understand. I parked and locked the car with the top up and when I came back and unlocked the car I could hear it unlocking but it would not let me in the car. I fiddled with the key fob switch and it finally let me in. Then when I got home it did not want to let me out. But this only happened once and it was weeks ago so hopefully I did something the computer was not ready for but we are back to normal.

We also bought an extended warranty, mostly for the top mechanism since it will be getting a workout.

Reply to
texmex11

I definitely like my Blue/Gold with a 3.9 in it. I got it at end of July and have 1700 miles on it. The top gets a work out in Arizona this time of year. The only gripe I have is the windscreen option, which I thought would reduce wind on the back seat passengers, but it seems it is a totally useless option since you can't actually sit in the back seat with it installed. Definitely a waste of money.

Reply to
L benn