Dumb Question

How in the world do you remove the back 3 spark plugs on a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix, 3.1 liter? I don't have a lift, or special tools.

Reply to
Manthac

On a 98 Pont. Montana, 3.4 L I removed the top front mounts and tilted the engine forward. The Montana has 2. Had to devise a chain to hold engine in the forward position. Several other items like the coil packs and some things I don't recall had to be removed but with the right combination of socket and extension it wasn't too hard. Just don't do it until the engine is completely cool. Getting the plug boots off miight leave some hunks of flesh.

Reply to
DonW

Reply to
Booboo Baker

There is a tool that you put in place of the dog bone and tighten up. Itg just holds the engine over so you can get to the "backside".. Of course you can use a floor jack to tilt the engine over and a chain to hold it in place.. Also there are no dumb questions only dumb answers, or so I have been told.

Reply to
Dennis Putnam

Even better, just park it nose downhill, and when you cut the engine mount loose the engine'll tilt itself. You'll have to push it back! (It's not hard, though).

Reply to
Joe