EGR Error code

I have a 1998 Grand Am 3.1 liter. I get an "Innsuficiant EGR Flow" Error code. I have changed the EGR valve but the code comes back. Any ideas?

Reply to
The_Lab_Man

Often it's not the valve. The port to the valve could be blocked with carbon.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

Agree with Bill did you clean the gunk off everything and reset the codes?

Reply to
Les Benn

Reply to
The_Lab_Man

our honda civic did the same thing, the garage wanted to replace the "valve" . This is a $300 part w/labor.....I wonder now if only a cleaning was needed?

The car only has 45k on it and is 3yrs old.

Its bad enough they take $87 to go on the computer to talk the cars computer ..... basically to tell you that you have to spend more money to fix another valve.

Reply to
charles381