Electrical Gremlins?

I've had the '99 Montana a week and experienced weird electrical glitches. I don't know if this is related to my wiper problems or not, but here is a list of what I encountered so far:

1) The interior lights stayed on for 5+ minutes after closing all the doors and exiting the van. I couldn't shut them off without entering and shutting the off the interior lights entirely. The next day the lights automatically shut off after the 30 seconds like they were supposed to. 2) Power sliding door wouldn't work, as if it lost power. Happened 2x. Magically worked a short time later. 3) In 1 trip today, I encountered all of the following (it was raining and I had my wipers on): a) Clock was okay. Left vehicle sit unattended for 3 hours. When I returned and started it, the time was way off. b) Radio sound blipped off for an instant, and at the same time the AIRBAG light blinked on for a few seconds and then went out. c) 30 seconds later, I hit a medium sized bump while braking. The Antilock light, Traction Control light, and Brake lights on the dashboard instantly went on and stayed on until the end of my trip. d) Arrived home 3 minutes later and noticed the headlight intensity was changing slightly (kinda flickering) as were the dash lights. e) I shut off the van and immediately tried to restart it. It fired about 40-60% of the time. Tried to start it 3 times, and the 3rd time I let it crank 15 seconds straight. I finally stepped on the accelerator slightly while it was cranking and then it started. All the dash lights appeared normal. e) Finally shut off the van, and hit the button to open the power sliding door and it did nothing. I eventually had to open and close the door manually. I went back a few hours later and checked the door and it worked fine.

Any ideas where to look first?

Thanks

Reply to
Dave

a. battery b. battery cables

automatically

Reply to
Mike

check the grounds, especially for the alarm module

Reply to
M.C. Tee

check battery cables at the battery not at module you are having more problems than just at the remote and alorm module. DISCONNECT BOTH BATTERY CABLES... CLEAN TERMINALS AND CABLES.. REPLACE AND TIGHTEN SECURELY..

Reply to
Scott