end of an era

a friend of mine is the Pontiac dealer, in the town I grew up in, and lived in from 1963-2004

retiring after 46 years

markansas859

There's a man with some stories to tell....

Lee

2000 SSEi 2004 Volvo S60
Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Yep

first day he was open, the used car salesperson sold all 4 cars on the used car lot, and had to walk home

that salesman was with him until 1983, then jumped ship for 6 months, then came back to Pontiac, because he got treated right there.

my mechanics dad was shop manager, after his dad retired, he took over as shop manager, and then in 1978, dad, he, and his brother opened their own auto repair garage

my mechanic still has the 1966 triple black Pontiac GTO he received for a graduation present in 1968.

my dad had a 1964 Pontiac catalina from 68-72, that we bought from the used car salesman mentioned previously

I had a 1969 Pontiac Bonneville in 1976, that I drove to high school, originally sold there, and traded in for an Oldsmobile Cutlass..I bought the car from the Oldsmobile dealer. that was strange, since my mechanic told me that the owner had her car serviced at the pontiac dealer, and they took meticulous care of her car

and then there is the story of how a friend took me by selling me a 1963 Pontiac bonneville, with a "leaky water pump" my first car in my name at age

18

actually, the timing case was cracked..... and 1963 had a 4 bolt water pump. tore the whole front of the engine apart, and then found out that the 4 bolt timing case was NLA.... new timing case was for an 8 bolt water pump............... so, new 8 bolt water pump, and all the seals.

put it back together.... fuel pump wouldn't work......... something with the dimensions between the timing cases.. electric fuel pump

after many hours, I got the car running, and was able to drive it

Reply to
markansas859

AAAHHHHHH...... DAMN!

Kwazy Wabbit