Exhaust Question

I'm the proud owner of a 1984 pontiac parisienne wagon in near mint condition and i have a question about the exhaust. I would like to give the car a little more of a growl for as cheap and easy as possible. I was wondering if placing a cherry bomb somewhere between the tailpipe and the stock muffler would have any positive effect, or should i just replace the stock muffler with the cherry bomb? I dont want it too loud, just loud enough to let em know that my wagon has balls! Any replies welcome. Thank you

Reply to
Midget Tosser

A muffler muffles sound. So, if you don't want the sound muffled, then remove the muffler. Or replace it with something that does not muffle as much. I had glass pack mufflers on my GTO's. They sounded pretty good but I would not take long trips (over 30 miles) in them due to the noise.

Reply to
Anonymous