Extension Cord

I guess this is a general question and not just for Pontiac, in which I own. Does anybody know what those extension cords with the little led ready light is called? Need a block heater cord to plug in my block heater and want to make sure the plug in is working. I have heard of some people using an old broken household voltage probe and cutting off the wires for the led and wiring it in to the extension cord. When the cord is plugged in, the light comes on indicating power at the plug in. Maybe I can rig something up at the hardware store, if anybody could post a list of parts.Other than that, if anyone knows of an online store with such a cord, please let me know. Live in a very small town here in Ontario Canada and these things are difficult to find.

Thanks Mike

Reply to
Mike

search for extension cord, look for power indicating type.

Steve

Reply to
SSTEIN2

Very simple "fix" if you cannot find the power indicating cord is to install a "cube tap", available from any hardware store, and plug a neon type nite-lite into one side of the cube, and the block heater into the other. If the nite-lite is on, you have power. If it is not on, you most likely do not.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Hmmm... Not LED, but most cords here at Lowe's, HOme Dpt, Ace Hdrw, etc have a neon light in the female end. And if not, a little neon night light works well.

Reply to
« Paul »

Rey

Reply to