fan speed problem for 1997 Grand Prix

I have a 1997 Grand Prix Gt It has a 5 speed fan switch. The problem I am having is in off my headllights work and on the highest speed 5 my headlights work and the fan will blow on speed 5 only now. but when I put the speed to 1 thru 4 the fan wont work and my headllights go out and wont work. I have put a new fan resistor in it tryed another fan motor today and tryed two fan speed swithes still now change any one had this problem before? snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
Grover L Hammonds

Check the high speed relay. It may be stuck on. I don't know where it's at on your car though.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?Pa=BAul=20=3Cpy=DFats=40texxxas=2Enet=3E?

Reply to
clevere