Faulty Catalytic Converter

I own a 2002 Grand Prix GT, 78,000km (50,000 miles)

I was having a severe performance problem with the engine which was diagnosed by the dealer as a clogged catalytic converter. Though out of conventional waranty the greatfully the cost of the converter ($1400) and installation was covered under the emissions warranty. The performance problem has been corrected through this replacement.

The dealer indicates no fault in the Oxygen sensor, injectors nor any other contributing faults in the engine sensors. They simply fault "a bad converter" and that "this is not typical" and "this should not happen again".

I am concerned. I do NOT want to face this expense outside of warranty in the future.

Do any readers have advise to offer that I can refer back to my dealer to further protect my interests?

Reply to
Rob Nevin