Firebird Q

My Daughter really wants a firebird for her first car. Being a motor head I'm figuring it would be an acceptable option. EXCEPT It has to be a six banger. I need some help here, what years should I consider, what kind of reliability or noteworthy issues should I be aware of. I don't want to drop

10K in this car, in fact I was thinking less than half of that. Maintenance and dependability is also an issue since I have my own problems. (see sig) Thank you for your inputs. Danno

-- J. Dan Jones, III

2005 Scion xB (Never needs much attention) 1999 Dodge Durango (Always Needs Maintenance) 1963 Chevrolet Corvair Convertible (In the early stages of rebuild) 1961 Chevrolet Corvair Coupe (Show car that needs fondled occasionally)
Reply to
Dan Jones

James Drinkwater

no relation between the Buick designed V-6 and the Chevy classic "small block" V-8. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

They put the 3.8L in the Firebird until the end. I have a friend who has two 3.8L Firebirds - a '98 and a '00. She has turbos and some other stuff on the '98 and drag races it sometimes at the local strip. I keep trying to talk her into a V8, but she loves her 6's.

Tom S.

Reply to
Tom S