Front-right caliper

How much do you think a front-right caliper would cost for my Pontiac 6000? (88) I don't need the pad... The thing keeps locking when you put your foot on the breaks on the right side. (Only twice though it was to the point where the wheels squeeled), but you feel the lock feeling most of every time when you let your foot OFF the break, but it does it occasionally when putting your foot on too.

Reply to
Travis King

Take a look on Advance's Web site. They show about a zillion calipers for your machine ranging from $10 to $50 for the front ones. Over $100 for some of the rear ones.

occasionally

Reply to
Silver Surfer

If you have to replace one caliper replace both. New pads at the same time. I don't care how fat those pads are if the calipr has been locking up the pads are glazed.Half-assed repairs will cost you more in time and money.

Reply to
FBR

NAPA Auto Parts has loaded ( with pads ) calipers for around $51.00

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,726 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Have you considered the possibilty of a collapsed flex hose? I had that happen once.

Jay (new to the group)

Reply to
JCunington

Welcome Jay!

Reply to
FBR

Cost about $50 for the calipers and the hoses... Dad said that we should get both because when he looked at the hoses, he said that they both (right and left) needed replaced and he also said that I should replace both sides. That we did... We replaced both the calipers and the hoses. He said that the hoses were probably the actual problem, but he said that it wouldn't hurt to have the calipers replaced. (We think they're the originals because they look aweful.) Anyway, were' going again...

1988 Pontiac 6000 2.5 122,593 miles
Reply to
Travis King

it's not a chat room.....LOL GW

FBR wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

It's always good to read a success story once in a while. Glad it worked out.

Now, if only EVERYone who had a car that old would work on it themselves...... GW (other pros know what I mean ;-) )

Travis K> Cost about $50 for the calipers and the hoses... Dad said that we should

Reply to
Geoff Welsh