Front Strut Replacement or Upgrade

I sold Monroes for years and had several complaints about harsh ride. I attribute part of those from people who had replaced totally worn out units and had forgotten what new struts felt like. GM units are a bit pricy

Reply to
DA .

as far as the bearing/mount, if the bearing is free and quiet and the mount not loose or torn it can (if budget is tight) be reused.

Reply to
DA .

We need to know if you have computer command ride.

Reply to
Taz

My Bonneville SSEi needs new struts. I have two options. One is getting an original GM part; or purchase a basic Monroe Strut (gas) or Monroe Sensatrac (series of valves that control riding comfort). What does the car originally equip with? Should I buy original GM part or go with Monroe Sensatrac? Another question, when replacing strut, do I need to replace the upper bearing or anything else?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Reply to