Frozen Doors

Hi -

Any solutions out there for frozen doors in the winter? Not the locks, but the doors.

Reply to
GSDP

Lightly oiling your door seals might prevent them from freezing shut unless they really get iced over. Oil should prevent moisure from getting in there. Also waxing the inside of your doors may help. I had about a quarter inch of ice coat my entire car once and I couldnt get in. Nothing short of a garage would of prevented that. Ever since I got a bonneville I've had 4 chances to get inside and usually one door will open lol.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Reply to
Larry Z

Or glycerine - or even Glycol (propelene better than Ethelene) on the weatherstrip.

Reply to
clare

One word: Florida

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
jzwanenburg

Reply to
Marky

Vaseline, being a petrochemical product, is NOT recommended for rubber parts.

Reply to
clare

Reply to
Marky