Fuel pickup problem - 1985 Trans Sport

Well, the Trans Sport bit me again this weekend. The tank showed almost 1/4 tank when I came around a bend on choppy pavement - and the car ran out of gas. It would not restart - so in an attempt to get it going without killing the battery I removed the cap from the SCHRAEDER valve on the injection log, and pressed the pin to release any air/vapour in the log. (was quite a bit), then turned the key and it started right up. The same thing happened a year or so ago. I drove 9km back to the nearest gas station and put 62 liters of fuel in. Tank holds 76, so I had over 14 liters in the tank when it quit.

1/4 tank would be 19 liters, so the guage is pretty accurate.

Any other experience with this problem? Is there a problem with the fuel pickup??

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce