FYI INFO ON 97 DUNFIRE KEY

been fixing up a 97 sunfire with 2.2 engine. put in new pistons,rings,and did the head. next,,, the ignition key switch wasnt working right ,you had to line up the key just right to get it to turn.. i thought,well ill get tumbler and lock off a junk but the ones i found were missing the key. so i ordered a new one at the dealer for 230.00 . it did not come with keys and it did not come with tumblers. i couldnt believe it.now i have a file and some scrap layin around ,,,,,but then realized i was in over my head.. so i then went to willis kline locksmith in louisville ky and he said to give the dealer the vin # and they could get me the key code.. i did and he made 2 new keys .........and the lock turned like butter, just like new.so the old keys were worn out. just thought this info might help someone. lucas

ds549

Good to know...

Thanks, Brigitte

Reply to