Gas Gauge Problem

2000 SSEi - 60150 miles

Gas gauge recently began acting up. It doesn't move until I'm at about a half tank. Then it moves down and remains approx. 1/4 above where it should be. The "fuel used" info on the Driver's Info Center remains extremely accurate. It is usually within .2 gallons when I refill.

Any idea what the problem is? If it never moved I would know it is just stuck. But it does move.

Thanks,

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter