GM electric window switches

I would like to know what the printed circut board does on the window switches such as the ones on the Grand Am. Why do they use a circut board? Wont just a switch do? Thanks

Reply to
xnielsens

Because they can make 10,000 circuit board switches for the cost of say, maybe 8,000 or less mechanical switches. It all comes down to the accounting department and how much money is saved.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

But i dont understand why they have the mechanical switch with the little circutboard attached to it. One for the drivers window and one for the passenger window. What does it do actually?

Reply to
xnielsens

It appears to me that the circuit board you are seeing might be the "express down module."

Reply to
Silver Surfer