GM Hose Clamp Staple Leak

My lower radiator hose ( end connecting to the timing cover ) had a slight drip running down the side of the block this week. Turns out it was one of the staples that hold the wire band hose clamps in place. It rusted away expousing the two holes the staple made.

I had an old hose lying around that I put on, but I cut off 1/4 inch on each end so I could use the band style clamps instead of the factory clamps.

Oh wait a minute ! That's the original 1991 hose I put back on - oh well it only had three years use before it was replaced in 1993, the leaking one had 11 years use.

Recycle !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~293,100 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

HF, I think you could make a mint by making car maintenance and perhaps used car buying guide videos. You get so many miles out of your cars that I'm sure thousands of people would buy them in an instant.

My 96 Beretta (3.1 V-6, head gaskets replaced at 40k) has around 128k miles and I'm hearing what sounds like a lifter knocking and I hear a slight squeaking sound when I turn the wheel.

Something tells me I'm gonna be looking at a valve job and a new PS pump in the not so distant future. And Yikes! I just remembered that I have yet to get that timing chain replaced!

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559