Gran Prix tranny question

Hi,

I have a 97 Gran Prix GT 3.8, and the problem is as follows: The car accelerates perfectly fine, changes gears smoothly and kicks down when needed, but when you let your foot of the gas at

40+mph, and then press the gas again (especially when going uphill), the tranny starts switching gears at rapid speed ( up/down, every second, thou it does it smoothly). The shop i went to couldn't diagnose the problem completely, but said that rpm doesn't drop to idle when you let off the gas.

Any one has any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Roman

P.S. There's another problem: when you go over a slightes bum, the car produces tremedous amount of noise, which, i think, comes from suspension. It's like there's some metal to metal action going on there. Guys in the shop said that suspension was perfectly fine ( shocks, springs ), though it does sound weird to me - it didn't make any such noise before.

Reply to
Roman Bystritskiy