Grand Am front plate mount

Greetings,

Can anyone tell me how the front license plate is supposed to mount on a '92 Grand Am? There are two holes in the front bumper cover, but they are too widely spaced for a plate. I have a set of service manuals, but they don't even mention front plate mounting (although the body manual details the rear). The front bumper cover is slightly "V" shaped with no indentation, so presumably some sort of front mount should be there. Any idea what the proper terminology might be? Google finds almost nothing (aside from arguments re. whether a front plate is required), suggesting I'm barking up the wrong tree. Thanks,

Eng_Tech

Reply to
Eng. Tech.

There is a black plastic thing that goes there. Hard to describe. It is bigger than a plate. The plate bolts to it. It is formed to fit the bumper. 1993 is the same as 1992.

Reply to
« Paul »

Looks like GM part number 22551295 on GMpartsdirect.com.

Howard

Reply to
doane_nut

Thanks Howard,

They do indeed have the part. Good site too, I hadn't encountered it before. But how did you determine the part number? I find the part after entering your part number, or after a keyword search, but the keyword search doesn't show the P/N. Thanks,

Reply to
Eng. Tech.

I went to the catalog section for your make and model. The pictures are kind of crude, but if you know what you are looking for you can pick it out.

Cheers, Howard

Reply to
doane_nut