Grand am pwr doorlocks prob.

1994 Grand Am 2dr. Power doorlocks went out the other day. I looked at both fuses (thinking it was a fuse and this would be a quick fix), and they both seem to be just fine. The cigarette lighter doesn't work either, all of a sudden. BUT- the doors still automatically lock when you put the car in drive. Could someone please help me, my wife is all over my ass. THANKS---Ed
Reply to
Fast Eddie

Maybe the switch broke? IIRC, power for the right switch runs through the left one first.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?Pa=BAul=20=3Cpy=AAats=40texxxas=2Enet=3E?

Common problem on the 92-95 Grand Ams. Pontiac put the coin holder next to the cig-lighter and when a coin falls into the cig lighter it takes out the accessory fuse which also controls the door lock buttons. First check for a coin in the cig lighter. Look for the "ACC" fuse. I bet its blown ...

Reply to
Dennis Smith

I had the same problem and found out it was a different fuse that protects the door locks. Like you I posted here to find out.....sure a lot cheaper than taking the car in!!!

Reply to
Wally