Grand Prix Brake Pad Replacement & Brake Fluid Bleeding Guides

I just spent most of last Sunday replacing the brake pads on all four wheels of my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I also bled the brake lines since the brakes were exhibiting a lot of "fade" during heavy stops.

These are fairly simple procedures if you have some basic automotive know how.

The brake pads were $47 for the front two wheels and $31 for the rear wheels. The brake fluid, brake cleaner and anti-squeal gel added another $20 to the total cost.

Here are the guides below.

Front Brake Pads -

Rear Brake Pads -
Brake Line Bleeding -
I hope some of you find the guides helpful and are able to save some money working on your own car.

Cheers, Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Reply to
Paul Michaels