Grand Prix - former daily rentals

There are a lot of these cars or sale at the dealers. They are 1 year old and have somewhere between roughly 15,000km and 35,00km (10,000 miles and 22,000 miles). Anyone heard good or bad things about buying former daily rentals specifically?

Reply to
tbil99

My last three cars have been ex rentals. My present one being an 04 GP. Have had no problems with any of em.

Reply to
Paul O.

Reply to
Shep

I would not have any problems buying an ex rental. They seem to be well maintaned.

I rent a car every two weeks somewhere in the USA. Usually keep it for one week and put on about 1000 miles. I drive fast when ever possible but I don't abuse them. IMO, car renters don't have much time or desire to abuse their vehicles. Mostly its get to the meeting, job site, or wedding/funeral then back to the airport. I have rented several GP's in the last 12 months including a few GTP's. Nice cars. They are on my list of potential cars to buy for myself.

Reply to
« Paul »
10 months ago I bought an '06 GT with 10,000 miles for 53% of MSRP (which was in a baggie under the passenger seat). GM certified, lots of warranty left, and pretty well flawless. Still smelled new, in fact. Hard to beat a deal like that.

Most of them will have a blemish or two > There are a lot of these cars or sale at the dealers. They are 1 year

Reply to
Dipstick

What do you mean by the last sentence? Do you mean you can get a one year old loaded car for the same price as a new base car or do you mean the price of a one year old loaded car is the same as a one year old base car and the options don't raise the price much?

Reply to
tbil99

The dealers are buying these at auction. They are buying the miles and a general condition, not the options. In my case, the GT with sun roof, Monsoon sound, and 6-disc CD changer was the same price as a GT without.

So, the base Grand Prix can be had for one price, regardless of options, the GT for another, regardless of options.

If you're really patient, you can also get one with 10,000- 15,000 miles for the same price as one with 25,000 - 30,000.

Reply to
Dipstick