GrandAm 93 - What is this little hose for?

WHen replacing the serpentine belt I broke this little black rubber hose (1/4" or 5/16" I guess) that connects a plastic port (below the ignition coils) to something below the cooling water reservatory. I was able to reconnect that little hose, but its rubber is just very deteriorated by age, so I think to replace it with a plastic (vinyl) hose.

What it is used for? Can I use a plastic one?

Reply to
Wagner

That is the suction line for the evap canister. It goes from the canister to the evap solenoid near the coils, then to the throttle body. Don't use vinyl - gas fumes may destroy it. Get a foot of appropriately sized fuel resistant hose from the auto parts and cut to fit.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=