GTO's for sale in Southern California

In a post last weekend I related how Cerritos Pontiac had 3 GTO's for sale for $24,888. The Internet/Fleet Mgr thought they would be sold by the end of the weekend. Well they still have 2 yellow ones left. With the 2005's coming soon I would bet a good negotiator could get that price down a few more thousand dollars. Hey, you guys back east could ship one for less than $1,000. Good luck.

ps--My wife said no new car other wise I would be negotiating right now.

Reply to
Dave Combs

I doubt if you even had to be a tough negotiator. Bottom line is these awesome cars did not catch on and inventories are far too high. To make matters worse, an improved version (and much improved engine) is around the corner. I am 99% sure that I will buy the 2005 model despite the $25K price tag on the 2004's. I am sure that other "buyers" are thinking the same thing. I think if anyone went in there and offered $22-$23K on the spot, a transaction would be made.

BTW, what are people's "feeling" on the 2005? Do you expect them to be a "hot item"?

I am hoping they are not "so hot", that way I can score a 400HP LS2 for under $30K!

Given Pontiac's position, I think very soon, they will "write-off" the 2004 and announce the 2005 availability in January (atleast for ordering).

Reply to
Musty

It has already been reported in the news that GM has cut projections and production for the 2005. I forget now where I saw that, sorry.

The bad news is, this failure could prevent a future US-made, Pontiac-designed version.

Reply to
Joe

Nope. The Zeta-based GTO is one of Bob Lutz's pet projects. Engineering work on the platform is pretty much done, and the design is nearly done. GM is already planning on the revamps to the Detroit-Hamtramck (Poletown) plant to build them. There will also be Buick and Chevy cars (both coupes and sedans) from the platform. So, it's not going anywhere.

In an interesting twist, the next-generation Holden Monaro is likely to be built there, and exported back to Australia...

Reply to
Zaphod Beeblebrox