Harry Face: This is a question I know you Can Answer ! Reseting "Check Engine Light"

Hi, 1990 Bonneville LE, I changed out the O2 Sensor and the Map Sensor and Plugs and Wires to correct a rough idle and a hesitation ( as well as the light ) and the light's still on, but the car's running fine... I disconnected the battery for an hour, and it's still on... Is there a switch to reset it ?? or a sequence of buttons ??

Thanks ! Rich...

Reply to
Guess

No switch that I know of for resetting.. Is the car kicking out another code by any chance? You might have another problem. I think removing the ECM fuse or unplugging should clear it. I never had these problems. Mine is setting code 41. I think the magnetic pick up on the timing gear is the cause..

Good Luck

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~279, 000 miles_~_~_

Reply to
Harry Face