Headliner repair? ATTN Harry, and everyone else :)

Hey, my oldest daughter has grabbed part of the headliner, and pulled about

5x6" of headliner off the foam thingy.. Is there a good/easy way to readhere the fabric to the headliner? Harry, you did this, so I thought you might know for sure :)
Reply to
clevere

These instructions are for retoring a Blazer headliner but the principle is the same and the site is pretty detailed. Hope this helps.

FBR

I don't think there is a way to re glue the cloth to the foam, If your headliner was already sagging the foam has dried up & turned to dust.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,800 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Thanks guys. I'm going to call the local upholstery (sp) shop on Monday, and see what they have to say. I'd rather not have to replace an almost perfect headliner if I don't have to.

Reply to
clevere

Well I glued it back up .. and made a slight mess :( I forgot to let the glue dry first ... Looks like I'll be investing $164.00 to have it replaced professionally :(

Reply to
clevere

Let me breakdown some of the costs.

You said it will cost you $164.00

Headliner Material $ 16.99

2 or 3 cans of Adhesive - $30.00 Labor to R&R Headliner - $118.00

Labor would consist of removing all trim pieces around door openings, windsheild pillar mouldings, center pillar trim panels, sunvisors, dome / reading light assemblies, rear sail panels and removing old foam from headliner backer board and sail panels..

Let us know how it turns out. If your headliner appears wavy then they scrapped off a few layers off the backer board material trying to get the old foam off. Which is easy to do,

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~267,018 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face