Heater Blower Motor Problem

Heater blower motor operates at will. I have 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

3.1L. Diagnostic tables in the service manual point to the resister. I have replaced it and the blower motor believing the motor may be drawing too much power. Trouble shooting: When I unplug the connector to the motor I have power in all ranges. When connecting it back up the power goes away in all ranges and the day time running lights go off. When I unplug the connector to the risistor I get the same results, power in all stages and nothing when it is plugged into the resistor again and the day time running lights go off. When I disconnect the connectors to the motor or resistor it takes about 5 - 10 seconds for the power to restore to the connectors. A circuit breaker is being reset is the conclusion I come to. I have disconnected the connectors to the control module and the resistor and checked for continuity at the connector pins to ground and from connector to connector in search of a un intentional ground or open circuit. They measured out as should be following the service manual wire diagram. I have a remote start which I installed abut 4 years ago and never had problems with. When the car is started with it the blower motor works as long as I don't change the blower motor control setting or attempt to switch over to use the key(inserting key and stepping on the brake or gas pedal). When I insert key and turn to the run position nothing changes. When I step on the brake or gas pedal the blower motor stops and the day time driving lights go off. If the control swith happens to be in the A/C max and control on 5 (maximum setting) the motor may or may not start up again in about 20 seconds. If the control setting is swithed to a lower speed the blower motor and running lights go off. On some occassions the blower motor and running light may come on again but it could a few minutes before that happens.
Reply to
help_me

You gatta have a bad ground. If you don't see anything obvious, try to ground the blower motor directly.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

Thanks for the information, I had alredy tried running to ground at the blower motor and the connection to the resistor with no luck.

Reply to
help_me