Heater core bypass & AC

I just ran a bypass for my heater core to buy some time until I can replace it. What I am wondering is if bypassing the heater core affects being able to run the AC in any way?

1995 Grand AM SE 3.1L V6 MFI
Reply to
mortis42

Bypass will not affect A/C operation in any way other than if you want heated air from the front defroster, you won't (obviously) get it. Other than that, no impact.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Madison

Great, thanks alot for the reply. I didn't think it did, but I just wanted to make sure.

Reply to
mortis42

Is the bypass simple? How did you do it? I have a problem with my heater core but live in Hawaii, I have never needed heat in my car and would opt to bypass it rather than replace it. Thanks in advance,

Reply to
TomV

Aloha,

where the heater hose connections come off the engine just run a hose from one to the other, make sure the hose don't kink.

Bypassing the heater core you also lose the warm air for the defrost position too.

You may need that sometime when your up high in the Diamond Head region.

Aloha !

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~284,090 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Reply to
TomV