Heater hose inlet/outlet

On a 95 Bonniville SE with a 3800 series motor there are two connections for the heater hose inlet and outlet. These are a 90 degree tube that has an O-ring on the engine side and a clip that gets screwed in to lock it in place. Any idea where to get it beside a dealer that wants $43.00 each for them? The two on my girls car are rusted pretty bad. If I have to I'll clean em up, paint them and find new O-rings, but would prefer new.

I'm not having much luck with parts places locally.

Thanks for any help.

Dan

Reply to
danl

I think you are out of luck - dealer part only unless you can find a good one on a wreck or blown engine.

Reply to
clare

It's been discontinued so not many cars are left with good ones. I got out the gun bore brushes, my files and the Dremel tool and cleaned them up pretty good. 2 coats of paint and tomorrow I will re-install them with 2 new $2.00 o-rings on them. If they still leak I may take off the housing and thread it for pipe fittings. I've got my fingers crossed! Thanks for the reply.

Dan

Reply to
danl