Help! 1994 Grand-Am

Hi, I ma have a problem with my headlights. The front headlights just stoped working one day, the rear lights still work, as well as the high beams. I have checked the fueses and it's not them, and it's not the light bulbs themselves. Could the headlight switch have gone?, and if so where is it located?

(1944 Pontiac Grand-Am)

Regards, Steve

Reply to
Acid-Flix

I have a 93 grand am I have not had that problem,but it could be a relay switch.

Reply to
anthony

Sat. gone I let my car run down to empty. When I filled it up with a certain gas that I don't Usually use it some times stop at a signal light.

Reply to
anthony

gas that I don't Usually use it some times stop at a signal light.

How old is the fuel pump? If it is over 100k miles, it is worn out.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

gas that I don't Usually use it some times stop at a signal light.

My '94 Trans Sport still has the original fuel pump and has over

300,000KM on it.
Reply to
clare

certain gas that I don't Usually use it some times stop at a signal ligh= t.

Wow! That is amazing. I don't remember ever having one last over

125k miles.
Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Paul wrote ::How old is the fuel pump? If its over 100k its worn out.

I beg to differ. I replaced mine @ 250,000 miles last April and it was still working fine. I just felt like replacing it before it goes out in the middle of Kansas I - 80.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,049 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

certain gas that I don't Usually use it some times stop at a signal light.

Most likely because you run on fumes or dont change your fuel filter as=20 often as you should.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Wow! I am amazed (again). You and Bon=B7ne=B7ville proved me wrong about the fuel pump. Bon=B7ne=B7ville may be right about replacing the filter more often. I usually do mine when replacing the pump.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Wow! Whoa yeah thats like way to long. 15k miles is a good change=20 interval. Check your owners manual. If you take an old pump and cut it=20 open with a pipe cutter you can see what usually fails on them.=20 Sometimes its the springs that press on the brushes that fail because=20 they got to hot from either lack of fuel or lack of fuel flow.=20

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

It has to be the dimmer switch.It is either a multi - function switch ,or a seperate dimmer switch lower down on the steering column.

Reply to
Philip Wagner