HELP!!!

I own a 92 Pontiac Grand Prix, with about 150,000 miles on it. It used to run really smoothe with no sounds, smoke, lots of power and acceleration. One day the car just would not start. I had it towed to the garage and they said it was the Ignition Module. I told them to fix it and they did. I payed the $463.14 bill, went to start my car and it took me three trys to get it to start. I notice that the motor is skipping, and there was a cloud of blue smoke from the exhaust when i started it.The motor runs a okay but rough when going about 25-30 but when the car shifts into the lower gears at speeds like 40 - 50 the motor skips badly and it shakes the whole car, it's so bad! The mechanic said it needs a tune job. But the car ran perfectly fine before I brought it there, execpt for the ignition problem. So i guess my question is what could they have done to my poor little car? They have been jerks about the car as far as awnsering some of my questions. I really don't know what is wrong with it, or what to do. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
Manthac

i would try some new spark plugs and wires. it may help. lucas

ds549

how would i even go about changing those plugs and wires that are on the back of the engine??

Reply to
Manthac

Reply to
Shep

They made me pay for the car in full, before they would even let me see my car. I know that ain't right, but I took it to another GOOD mechanic today and did diagnostics on it and found some broken plug wires, that the other mechanic obviously broke and did not replace them or even tell me! Still runs like crap, he said i might need spark plugs. Cause the rest of the ignition system is perfect.

Reply to
Manthac

Reply to
Shep