HELP: FIREBIRD VS. AUDI TT!!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me which is better to buy - on one hand there's the 1998 firebird coupe (CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER DOES THIS BABY GOT???? AND IT'S PERFORMANCE FROM 0-60.. i was told there are three basic types of firebird: "trans am"..."formula".....and "firebird" IS THIS TRUE?? if so than how much Horse power does the "FIREBIRD" has??

on the other hand there's the 2001 AUDI TT QUATTRO (6 gear) 225 HP coupe...

which is a better car ???

thanks you in advance :) Mickey.

Reply to
Mickey

by far the audi tt is the best car hands down....that just me i think this would be my pick....but you'll have see..

Reply to
Salmon Slayer

The base Firebird has 200 (could be 205) HP and I believe 230 (could be 225) lb ft of torque and with the 4-Speed Auto it should go from 0-60 in ~ 7.4 seconds (based on a camaro with the same engine and tranny). The choice is all up to yours, but I think in the long run the Firebird'll be easier to maintain and there're tons of performance upgrades for the 3800 engine in it.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

the Audi, hands down, zero whatsorever contest.

Reply to
Darrell

You looking at the coupe or convertible?

The Audi TT has a Turbo 1.8 litre 4cyl. 180 HP / 173 TQ or a 235 HP /

207 TQ.

Are you a midget ? This is an extremely tight car to fit in. Hope you don't have any 290 pound friends to haul around. Not sure but is this a two seater car? This is also a FWD car. No Automatic Transmission is offered.

What is your financial situation? TT would be more $$ to maintain.

You'll also have to live with the knick name TT. Hey TT ! Here comes TT !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,339 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Reply to
Loki

(cropped from a web site)

any standard, run-of-the-mill (read non-WS-6, non-Ram Air, and so on) V-8 TA or Formula is packed with 305 hp of import-killing power.

In fact, a standard LS1 Trans Am ran a stellar 13.4-second blast at

107 mph for Motor Trend in its Sept. '97 issue.

Other performances generated by that MT test car include 0-60 mph in

5.1 seconds, braking from 60 to 0 mph in a scant 114 feet, and hugging the skidpad with .87 g of grip.
0-60 - 6.74sec. 1/4 mile - 14.70 s @ 92.5 mph Top speed - 130mph

A little searching and you'll find plenty on both cars. My pick would be the Pontiac of course.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

The TT is great car my father-inlaw has owned 2 he had a 2001 TT Quattro and loved it. He now has a 2004 TT Quattro with the 6cyl auto trans and it's great. The cars room is fine I'm a 5'9" 210 lbs and roomy enough for me there is a back seat (if that's what you want to call it)