Help Needed with 92 Grand Prix

I was wondering if anyone could lend some advice and or input. I'm potentially buying a 92 Pontiac Grand Prix from a co-worker. The car is in very nice shape with many new parts. I was told that the only real problem was while going over bumpy roads the front end tends to rattle. I test drove the car and took it over one of the more bumpy roads I could find. The rattling wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. Any ideas what it could possibly be? I'd like to know what I'm getting into before I go handing over any cash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Slappy

Front end rattles could be all kinds of things.

Find out from the guy if any Front end parts were ever replaced.

Some rattles could be from loose or worn suspension parts, Strut's, ball joints, tie rods, stabalizer links, bushings, steering rack,

Loose wheel well housing, fenders, bumper fascia, Wire harness or antenna cable can also rattle against something.

Good Luck

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~281,040 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

The /rear/ strut jounces are famous for coming apart on this car.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I have owned a '97 and a 2000 Grand Prix, and both rattled badly in the front on uneven roads. Cause was loose wheel well panels inside the fenders. They are made of a fiber material, with the pieces clipped together with fasteners. They weren't clipped tightly enough. Check out the wheel wells and make sure the pieces are connected TIGHTLY. Just might work. (Note: My spousal equivalent owns a 2002 Buick Century. Guess what. It has the same rattle.) Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Sullivan