Help Please with a 70 Tempest

i have a nice old tempest that needs a engine. a small block chevy would be the easiest. it had a SBC in it when i acquired it, but a female type destroyed the engine. i called masterbuilt and the guy was telling me something about the cyl. head whre the exhaust bolts up and the oil dipstick tube location, and that id need a 305 c.i. and i couldnt get him to understand i wanted a

350 c.i. ive had 350's for 30 years and i do know about the change of dipstick location in the 80's it has headers on it now and didnt understand quite what was going on with him trying to get me to get a 305 c.i. thank you for any help acquiring a engine that will bolt in. jerome.

JCORVETTE 72&75

Good grief! Anything GM will bolt in. Buick, Olds, Pontiac and Chevy all built cars on that frame, and they made a million of them.

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
James Drinkwater

i decided on a goodwrench new engine. im not sure about this guy and masterbuilt i got the old style engine..pre 87 or when ever they changed engine design we hope it get it in car thisweekend thx for help.

JCORVETTE 72&75