Help with fuel line repair?

Hi All, I've got a '96 Pontiac Sunfire with a bad fuel leak. When the fuel pump turns on, gas is spraying out of the (rusted) metal connector that brings the fuel into the fuel filter. The rubber fuel line from the tank ends at a small metal 'elbow' shaped tube which then connects to the fuel filter. That metal tube is about 3" long and I figured that's all I need to fix since that's what's rusted and leaking.

Two repair shops have told me I need to replace the entire fuel sender system and its lines for around $800. I thought this would be a cheap fix with a new $10 elbow pipe.

Can anyone tell me whether a repair is possible here or whether it's really necessary to buy $800 of parts I (mostly) don't need? Where can I learn more about these parts?

Thanks!

-Greg.

Reply to
gregotoole

Napa carries the replacement parts you require - at least up here in Canada

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce