Hood Ajar sensor comes on and off

I have a Pontiac Bonneville 97 with 77,000 miles on it. There is this very annoying problem with the Hood Ajar sensor. It beeps and the light turns on, and then immediately turns off, then beeps and turns on, etc. It keeps repeating, turning itself off and on and making the loud beeps. My hood is not ajar. For some reason this only happens in the winter months when it is cold outside, and the rest of the year it is fine. Rain and/or bumpy roads make it worse. It is an intermittant problem but seems like it gets worse each winter. Any ideas of what I can do to fix it? Anybody else have stuck sensor issues?

Thanks.

Spring.

Reply to
Sprgtime

Hood Adjar Light !?

Thats a new one on me !

Like a sticking door jamb pin switch it might need to be cleaned up & oiled.

good luck

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,965 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I have had similar problems with various cars with hood sensors. There should be an adjustment somewhere on the sensor for the height (may not be getting depressed all the way) Also could be a defective sensor.

Reply to
Chad Loeffler