Hope For a New Firebird?

GM named a new head of North American Operations, Troy Clark, today per USA Today, May 31. Mr. Clark started with GM "in the Pontiac Division back in 1973." With a old timer from the hayday of the Firebird and the SD-455, maybe, JUST maybe he can talk Mr Lutz into a new mindset!

Hay Mr. Clark, see the July 2006 High Performace Pontiac, The Last Page, K.Morgan hit it right on for a modern Trans Am. I'll take one red with a silver bird please.

Anyone have any thoughts or hearing anything about an Firebird?

Reply to
brxsep

Car and Driver reported in the most recent issue that Pontiac was "still trying to decide" which to do, but I know that Lutz really hates Firebirds. He doesn't care much for Pontiac generally as far as I can tell. In all his talk about Pontiac (killing it), I don't ever recall anything that sounded like excitement about getting them some interesting products to help them improve, even though they're bigger than all of GM's divisions other than Chevy/GM. That doesn't make sense.

I'm really hoping they build a Firebird, and I know a lot of other guys are too. They'll need to improve the Camaro's styling a bit. Kevin Morgan did help them with that. I think he did a great job.

Reply to
Joe

Sorry, I meant Chevy and GMC here.

Reply to
Joe

With our luck Mr C will come up with a competitive car to compete with the Toyota Yaris which just recently made its debut.

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

Maybe a little Tempest? Just make it rear wheel drive and leave rum up front for the LS2. Just a little happy go luky with a very big punch under the hood.

Reply to
brxsep