Horn on GP GT

I was driving my 02 GP GT on the highway and all of the sudden my horn went off for no apparent reason. I had my hands away from the wheel and no where near the horn. Is there a fuse for the horn and also is there a way to tell if I need a new fuse??

Thank You

Reply to
Matthew

Your machine has a 15 amp fuse labeled HORN in the underhood fuse block. Don't believe that can be your problem, though. See description below:

The vehicle horn system is activated under the following conditions:

The horn switch is depressed.

On vehicles equipped with content theft deterrent (UA6), the body control module (BCM) may command the horns on. The BCM commands the horns on under any of the following conditions: When the content theft deterrent system detects a vehicle intrusion. For further information refer to Content Theft Deterrent (CTD) Description and Operation in Theft Deterrent. When the panic button is depressed on the remote control door lock transmitter. For further information refer to Keyless Entry System Description and Operation in Keyless Entry.

When the keyless entry system is used to lock the vehicle, a horn chirp may sound to notify the driver that the vehicle has been locked. The notification feature may be enabled or disabled through personalization. For further information refer to Keyless Entry System Description and Operation in Keyless Entry.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP!!

One possibility is your horn button might be suffering from heat warp. Or the plastic sleeve the wire passes through inside the column broke allowing the end of the wire to touch the horn contact.

Good Luck

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 32,648 91 Bonneville LE 304,555
Reply to
Harry Face