How are 2004 GTO Sales?

I can't find any specific figures... but I'm wondering how well the GTO is doing. So far I only saw one on the road.

Reply to
Harry Edwards

In June or July the Chicago Tribune reported sales ( since February ) have been slow, something like only 2000 had been sold & the larger quantity is in soutern California.

Sales of the Chyrsler 300 have been very good, close to 43,000 have been sold in the same period as the GTO & half are equipped with the Hemi engine.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~288,033 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Thats a shame. I really like the GTO.

Reply to
Harry Edwards

There are probably around 4,500 sold so far. The $2000 rebate introduced in July boosted the month total to almost 900 cars. Its still a far cry from the 18,000 units scheduled for production.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Reply to
Bryan Lee

Thats just part of improving the next model year. How do you think 1968 GTO owners felt when the 1969 GTO was available with a 370HP Ram Air IV ?

The 2005 GTO's wont even get here until December and they are all going to be MSRP or the highway for the first 6 months. You'll be seeing $25k 2004 GTO's that you can throw $3500 in mods and it will look and perform the same as an

2005 for $5-7000 less than. AND it won't void the warranty.
Reply to
Dennis Smith

From what I read the 2005s will have the Ls2 @ 6.0L and be 400hp. Then in 2007 it'll be an all American model - in which case I won't be interested. (I hate GM's quality). I'm interested in the GTO because it basically a German car with a Pontiac badge... I'm sure everyone knows about the background between Opel and Holden.

Reply to
Harry Edwards

I'm sure that you know GM owns Opel and Holden then too. Kind of contradicting to say that GM's quality sucks then to praise it's quality in the next sentence.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Yes, I know that. Too bad they can't apply their quality control to Chevy, and other Pontiac models. Buick quality is pretty good too - unfortunately those cars appeal to people who are pushing 120 years of age. Moercedes owns Dodge too, and we don't see Mercedes quality on those Durangos. Just because one company owns it, doesn't always mean we'll see traits from the parent company in there.

Reply to
Harry Edwards

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

You might, MB quality is pretty shitty right now. Anyways though, my original point was that GM cars, no matter the brand, is still GM. BTW, check out the latest reliability scores. There is no german company on the JDPowers list for most dependable car and Initial Quality Study only has Porsche 911. There're some GMs on the lists too. I know that there's another ratings company but I can't seem to find them.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Yes, I know, i checked that out. The Germans go up and down every few years, which is a pain to figure out. The JD powers survey you have I believe is the problems per 100 vehicles, which has Caddy and Buick in the top ten while Pontiac and Hummer in the crapper. I don't know what Mercedes' problem is the past few years... But they're loosing customers.

My point it, the GTO being basically German car seems like a good deal to me. I want to see the next version of it - hopefully yhey'll keep building them in Australia. I'm NOT under any circumstances buying a car buld in Mexico... somebody said the 2006+ GTO might be built there. No way in hell.

Reply to
Harry Edwards

32 is pretty old .....:-)

9 more years to go ..

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I know what you mean. We've had some pretty good luck from cars built in Canada and a few that're built not that far from here. Then we had 1 from Mexico and it had electrical and lighting problems. Not a fun idea to go driving on the highway after dusk without any lights on whatsoever.

We can only wait to see where the new GTO is going to be built. If it is in Mexico I've heard that GM is bringing back a Mustang killer to Chevy for the

07 model year (I think that the guy in charge of Chevy was asked if they planned on having something to battle the Mustang and he said definitely or something along those line). Part of the UAW contract GM had was that they couldn't build any more F-Bodies as long as the Ste.Therese plant stood and they tore that down recently. It's going to be an interesting next few years.
Reply to
Phillip Schmid

DS wrote :32 is pretty old...:-)

nine more years to go.

Damn Minor's!

harryface

Reply to
Harry Face

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

HEY!!!!! I have a 68 Pontiac Firebird convertible 350 with a 4 speed and I will match it agains most any new tinfoil box,,,,,,,, I can run it at 100 mph plus all day...........

Reply to
DOXIE

I have a 2004 GTO......LOV IT...

Reply to
DOXIE

If you did the price would go up. If you want the to spend the money get all the extras, compare it to Cadillac. And they still cost less. Id rather have a caddy than any mercedes, bmw etc. anyday.

Reply to
Micah